TEHRAN (Tasnim) - At least five Saudi-paid mercenaries, including a ringleader, were killed in a retaliatory attack by the Yemeni army and popular forces in the western Ma'rib province, a military source said.
The army troops targeted the positions of the militants in the district of Harib Nehm in Ma'rib and inflicted major losses on them, the source said, Saba news agency reported on Friday.
At least five militants, including Marzouq al-Harmali, were killed in the attack.
The mercenaries suffered heavy losses in their ranks, and the army seized their weapons during the operation, the source added.
Yemen's defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for over three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
Over 14,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.